Another 金曜五 and Friday5 doubleheader!



Questions courtesy of 金曜五.

1. Whatcha been up to?

Decided not to run for alderwoman despite everyone encouraging me. The hours conflict with my third shift lifestyle.

2. What up?

Went to the cemetery to visit my father and mother and ended up driving the whole day. Got sunburned and / or windburned really bad. First time with the top down since September.

3. What's new?

My new laptop.

Myrtie The Wonder Cat spilled my martini on the old laptop.

Bad news: All of my bookmarks are gone. Good news: The new laptop has backlit keys; typing is easier. And terabytes of memory.

4. What's the latest from the front?

Black Lives Matter protesters turned themselves in for the beating of a state senator.



Kerida O’Reilly, 33, and Samantha Hamer, 26, were each charged with one count of being a party to substantial battery. A felony. Up to $10,000 in fines and three years in the slammer.

They were recorded and identified by other protesters. Kerida was a health care professional; Sam Ham was a school guidance counselor. Currently suspended / unemployed.

I wish they had tried to assault me 'cause I'd karate them to kingdom come.

What good are martial arts if I can't beat anyone up?

I suppose I could start my own dojo.

Kitty Karate And Swordfighting For Girls. With a picture of Myrtle The Wonder Mascot dressed as an 女武芸者 / onnabugeisha. It's got a ring to it.

5. What's on the agenda?

Replacing the battery on my minivan which has been sitting since I got back from not going on a cruise to Hawaii in March. Takes a jump but not charging. $300. It is the original battery. In my climate, batteries should be changed every three years. Ordered a super ultra mega cold cranking maintenance-free battery. Maybe five years.

A far cry from unscrewing the caps and filling the cells with distilled water on my uncle's British roadsters' batteries in my grandfather's garage when I was a little girl.

Looking forward to going to the gun range on Saturday for Show 'N' Tell 'N' Shotguns Day. Social distancing, masks, sanitizers mandatory.

AA-12 automatic, a Saiga 12 and a Street Sweeper.

My contribution will be the over 'n' under shotgun my grandfather made. Damascus barrels. Kind of a wicked kick but pretty accurate at two hundred yards.

And I bought some Super Dragon's Breath for if the party continues into darkness. Better than tracers.

Such fun!












Friday5 questions courtesy of Scrivener. Thank you!

Friday 5 for August 7: Polarity.

1. What are the dumbest and smartest things you did this week?

Dumbest: Went to the cemetery to visit my father and mother. First time since September with the top down on the roadster. Got all sunburned / windburned. Even though I am one of God's Chosen People and come equipped with the factory installed Perma-Tan®.

Smartest: Went to the cemetery.

2. What are the worst and best things you ate this week?

Worst: Homemade tailgate party for me and Myrtie The Wonder Cat. Chicago-style hot dogs. Wrong kind of dogs, buns, pickle relish and sport peppers. When will I ever learn? You can't make hot dogs at home.

Best: Homemade Osaka-style hot dogs with Kewpie mayonnaise and seaweed. Simply delish. With Japanese potato salad and Hello Kitty ramune.

3. When this week were you unhappiest and when were you happiest?

Unhappiest: Received estimate for new front porch from stonemason. Looks like we're going with concrete.

Happiest: After visiting my parents, got the roadster up to 180 mph. Everything over 120 is pretty much just a sensation with the wind rushing and everything but it's the fastest I've ever driven. Even the Ferrari on the racetrack.

4. What did you have too much of this week, and what did you have not enough of?

Too much: Frozen custard. Cherry Cycle Day at the drive-in in honor of Harley-Davidson motorcycles. On my Suzuki Hayabusa.

And a maraschino cherry milkshake.

The bakery was out of cherry pie or I'd have won the trifecta.

Not enough of: Tomatoes (in caprese salad with real mozzarella from Wisconsin water buffalo). And dinosaur eggs (pluots).

5. What are you dreading in the next seven days, and what are you eagerly anticipating?

Dreading: Learning my new laptop. No longer having all my pictures and bookmarks.

The lady at the computer repair store asked me if I'd backed up my data.

Please. When is the last time a cat spilled a martini on your laptop?

Eagerly anticipating: Going to the fitting for my new suit. For informal functions and funerals. Having the tailor put an adjustable waistband and seam allowance in the skirt. So it hugs my fanny just right. For if I ever get married and have a baby and need to adjust my waistline. 'Cause you never know. Silk never goes out of style. 勝美 is the new black.




2 comments:

  1. It's August and you only now got the top down on the car? What the heck is the weather like up there in July?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the summer festivals and fireworks have been cancelled. Supper clubs are closed. There's nowhere to go. And still convalescing.

    ReplyDelete